Thursday, November 15, 2012

How I Make The Mistakes That I Do


Someone brought to my attention the fact that I made a mistake in the previous article; the one that came under the title: “Start Of A New Season To Rape America”. It is that one of the names I quoted, Hayat Alvi, is not a male but a female, that she is not an Israeli but an American and that she is not a Jew. I did some checking, and it looks on the surface that this is technically correct.

And so, I went over the posting and changed a few things in the text to comply with that reality. But I did the change in such a way as to keep intact my original assessment of the situation. What I did, in fact, was change the designation: “the Israeli Hayat Alvi” into: “the Israeli adopted, Jew at heart Hayat Alvi.”

But how did I make the apparent mistake in the first place?

What happened was that I saw the article “Obama's dilemma: Egypt Is Looking more like Pakistan” in the Jerusalem Post. I remembered seeing other articles under that name in that same publication. Because I scan a huge number of pieces in many publications, I do not have the time to read them all. What I do is start reading those that sound interesting and continue to read them as long as they are sincere and informative. However, I often find after a paragraph or two that the piece is not the sort of thing I want to waste my time on. And so I abandon it.

I must have done this with most, if not all of the Hayat Alvi articles in the past. And I never bothered checking who the writer was or what his/her background may have been. I did the same thing with her latest article but then hit, a few hours later, on the Daniel Pipes article: “Turkey's Islamist Turn, 10 years Later”. This is when a bell rang in my head as I sensed the existence of a thematic similarity between the two articles. I went back to the Jerusalem Post article and read it in its entirety. I then wrote the article the way that I did without checking on the author.

I am keeping the designation “...the Israeli adopted, Jew at heart...” even though I know that technically, the woman is an American citizen of South Asian descent, and that she may not have formally converted to Judaism. I do this because I met women, and I know of other instances in which Christian and Muslim people (mostly women) are beckoned by the Jewish organizations to come into the fold and be indoctrinated. This completed, they are sent out into the world to do the dirty work for them.

It is also a reality that “modern” Judaism says: You are a Jew if you feel like a Jew. It also says: If you're a Jew you are automatically a citizen of Israel even if you've never been there. And in my view, the Jerusalem Post has embraced Hayat Alvi so closely that she cannot be less of a Jew than some of those who go there to do business and get out when the going gets tough.

She was adopted by Israel, she is a Jew at heart and she is doing the dirty work for the Jewish organizations.