Sunday, June 5, 2016

A Reality that's curiouser than Fiction

Let's think up a fictional story, and then guess if it can happen in real life.

You have a prime minister of Israel named Benjamin Netanyahu that's losing members of his coalition. They are defecting to the opposition parties, leaving him one or two members away from a vote of non-confidence that could bring down his government.

Waiting in the wings for that day has been the consummate opportunist, Avigdor Lieberman. He wipes the smile off his face having heard about the latest defection. He adopts a serious look and goes to whisper something in the ear of Netanyahu the Bibi. He tells him that his problem is not just here in the Knesset but out there in Africa. Explain, says Bibi, but don't lie to me Avi because I know you too well.

So Avi tells Bibi that the continent of Africa is slated to become the next economic tiger. “And guess what,” he goes on to tell Netanyahu. That's when the face of the Bibi goes pale because he knows that when Avi talks like that, he'll have bad news for him. Hit me with it, says Bibi. So Avi says that Egypt's GDP has surpassed that of South Africa.

He also explains that the country is on the rise economically while South Africa – that's heavily dependent on selling resources – is stalling along with the rest of the world. And there is the fact that Egypt is sitting on the Security Council of the UN for the next two years, and taking many leadership positions on behalf of Africa.

Wait here, says Bibi. He goes into the sound proof washroom; lets out a shriek of distress that shatters the mirror of the medicine chest, grabs a hammer from the plumber's closet and smashes the toilet bowl. He soaks his head with cold water, dries it, combs his hair and goes back to stand alongside Avi. He clears his throat and says in a grievous voice: What can you do for me, and what do you want in return?

Give me a cabinet position, says Avi, and I'll blow Egypt out of Africa. This way you’ll not face a vote of confidence in the Knesset because me and my boys will vote for you … and Egypt will lose the confidence of the members in the African Union because I'll see to it that she does. How is that for a win-win situation, hey Bibi my boy. And the Bibi asks: You sure you can pull this thing? Of course I can, says Avi. Do you doubt my abilities?

He pulls the chair that's near the table beside them; he pushes Netanyahu down on it; sits on the chair in front of him; takes a sip of water and murmurs in a low voice: Remember the time when an American delegation went on a tour of goodwill throughout Africa? Yes I do, says Bibi the Netanyahu.

Well, let me tell you. It happens that the suckers took me with them, and I got to do lots of fabulous work. What's that? Bibi asks. I got to know the who's who of America's experts in African affairs, says Avi. And guess what I've been doing ever since. I've been gathering dirt on all of them … and I have been telling them about it. So now they know they must fear me because I have the goods on them.

Puzzled, Bibi raises both eyebrows and asks: How's that gonna help?

Well, guess what they have been doing for me already, Bibi. They have been gathering the names of officials who are hungry for a bribe in Africa … and I have some of those names in my drawer. You won't believe the extent of the infrastructure and the size of the human resources the Americans have in Africa. We couldn't replicate all that if we spent a billion dollars a year for the next ten years.

Bibi cuts him off: What can these people do for you, for me, for Israel? Well, says Avi, there is going to be a conference on the environment in Africa very soon. I already have in my pocket the name of the dame who'll play my game and blow Egypt out of Africa. What she'll do is complain that the Egyptian delegation has called the Africans dogs and slaves. And she'll demand that Egypt never again represent Africa in a world forum.

Great job, Lieberman, great job. I never doubted your ability, says Bibi, wearing a big smile on his face. You're hired as defense minister, you Avigdor Lieberman, says he. Upon hearing these words, Avi runs to his office and starts working on blackmailing the American experts on Africa, telling them to organize for a scenario he wants to see played out at the right time. And he promises them a bribe that will make their heads spin.

So I ask you, dear reader, can something like this happen? In case you wonder, look at the headline this past week: “African Diplomatic Corps delegate wants Egypt minister censured”.

And look at the response to it: “Egypt wants Kenya diplomat fired over fabricated charge”.

Who else could have organized for this to happen but the Jews using America's resources in Africa and elsewhere in the world as if they were their own?