Monday, June 7, 2021

An open letter to Microsoft

 I do not write notes of a personal nature, and was not going to do it now. But I spent time trying to communicate privately with Microsoft about a serious complaint I have, and found no way to do it. Every attempt I made, led me to a site that asked me to give my credit card number, consent to pay money now and pay more on a monthly basis for an indefinite period of time.

 

This changed my serious complaint from a personal nature into one of general interest. And this is when I decided to take my complaint public. So, here in brief, is my complaint:

 

I am getting the following 2 messages every time I open “Word” to write something. My license is genuine, and I consider those messages a Microsoft attempt to extort money from me. I don’t know how to remove them. You put them in there, Microsoft, you remove them.

 

 

1.     GET GENUINE OFFICE. Your license isn’t genuine, and you may be a victim of software counterfeiting. Avoid interruption and keep your files safe with genuine Office today.

Get genuine Office                    Learn more

 

2.     There is a problem with your office license

You may be a victim of software counterfeit. Counterfeit software can be dangerous and poses several risks, including exposure to malware and viruses.

Help keep your files safe and get robust security with a genuine Office license today.

Get genuine Office                    Learn more