Tuesday, July 13, 2021

We did not bellyache, and we won the battle

 Professor Robert Cherry who is Jewish, is bellyaching because he feels that the higher ups in the 25 campuses of the City University of New York (CUNY) are not doing enough to protect him and those like him from God knows what.

 

He wrote an article under the title “CUNY must confront anti-Semitism in its midst,” and had it published on July 11, 2021 in the very Jewish publication, the New York Daily News. Before I tell you, what is bothering Robert Cherry, let me tell you what I, and those like me had to endure on campus and elsewhere, right after the 1967 Israeli surprise attack on its neighbors, including Egypt from where I had come two and a half years earlier.

 

York University, which I attended, was then nicknamed, Jewish bastion. Because I was interested both in the arts and the sciences, I did not at first aim to major in one field or the other. Because I already had a trade and was working to earn a living, I took the courses that I liked just to satisfy my curiosity and my hunger for knowledge. I encountered incidents in both fields; and they were of a kind that no Jewish student would encounter these days anywhere in Canada or the United States, without the world being turned upside-down to rectify the situation by compensating the Jewish victim, and disgracing or punishing the non-Jewish culprit or culprits.

 

In science, I took a course in thermodynamics that had theory and lab work. We had a good Christian professor in theory and a lousy Jewish assistant in the lab. That’s where we had a couple of easy assignments to work on during the year. I did well in them, and was given a good grade each time. When it came to the third and last assignment, we were told that because there was not enough equipment to serve everyone individually, we shall have to work in pairs. Since I was acquainted with a girl, I used to drive home, I paired with her for this assignment.

 

We did a good job, most of it by me since it involved a great deal of math, a subject that wasn’t the girl’s cup of tea. When done, each pair of students got the same grade except me and my partner. She got an A, and I got a C. I did not go to the Jewish assistant to ask for an explanation; I went to the Christian professor. Without reading either paper, he changed my grade to an A.

 

That was in science. In the arts, where I eventually chose to make my major, and from which I graduated in film with an honors degree, my final project consisted of writing a script. I did that, months ahead of time, and then decided to turn the script into a film. This required collaborators which were easy to find among the film students and among the Student Association for Vanier College to which I belonged. But the project also required money. I had some of my own, the Student Association voted to allocate a thousand dollars from its budget, and my brother pledged to contribute up to a thousand dollars as required once we started the project. Those sums would have been adequate to produce a short film.

 

And then it happened that an older student who was affiliated with Winters College asked to transfer to Vanier College. He immediately became a member of the Association, went behind my back and asked for an emergency meeting of the governing council. He convinced the other members to rescind the resolution they had taken to help bankroll the film project. I tried to find out exactly how that happened, but no one would talk. I went to the campus newspaper to see if they could help me find out what happened, and discovered that there were more Jews than gentiles in that place. They gave me the runaround which caused me to get tired and end this pursuit. Even though it was against the rules, the Jewish student returned to Winters college, having achieved the mission of sabotaging my project.

 

We the Arabs had no media outlets of our own to go to, and no chance to convince the existing media that it would be a good idea to be even-handed when covering events that pertain, not just to the Middle East, but also what was happening on this continent between our community and the Jews that had declared war on us. They were using the instruments of state, such as the security apparatus, and the fourth branch of government to sabotage whatever we tried to do for ourselves and for society. And there was no higher up we could go to and seek relief.

 

Thus, we had no choice but to rely on the trait of our culture that taught us to be patient, and never forget the promise that justice will be done because our goodness shall defeat the evil that was thrust upon us for no reason except that we are gentle creatures, thought to be easy prey. In the end, the promise was fulfilled, and we got the justice we had been seeking. We’re doing well now and the Jews are in hot water.

 

Look now, what Robert Cherry wants the higher ups to do for the Jews despite the fact that the latter have dozens of publications such as the New York Daily News to speak for them, and publish their complaints. And they have dozens of organizations to speak collectively for them and take their complaints higher up in government. Here is a condensed version of what Robert Cherry wants:

 

“City University Chancellor Felix Matos Rodriguez issued a statement condemning anti-Semitism. It was woefully inadequate. Rather than discussing anti-Semitism acts alone, he interwove them with the more general rise in hate crimes. Most troubling, Rodriguez is almost silent on the growing campus anti-Semitism. Soon after his statement was published, the union that represents CUNY faculty and staff, the Professional Staff Congress (PSC), passed a resolution condemning Israel for killing hundreds of Palestinians, injured thousands more, and destroyed entire neighborhoods, including hospitals, schools and residences — what it calls the massacre of Palestinians by the Israeli state. The resolution went on to agree that Israel acts as an apartheid state and engages in settler colonialism policies. This is the demonizing language that can only legitimize if not encourage the anti-Semitic acts that continue to occur”.

 

This is typical of what the Jews demand these days. Having gotten almost everything they wanted, what is left for them to have, is what they consider the crown jewel of what’s there to be had. To get it, they need to accomplish two things. In essence, put down two rules. Here they are:

 

First rule, by insisting that a Jewish matter cannot be equated with a non-Jewish matter, they ascertain making the world one thing, and making the Jews, a separate and distinct thing.

 

Second rule, by insisting that you speak of the Jews only in positive superlatives and never negatively, you place that separate and distinct thing on the pedestal of Jewish supremacy.

 

Thus, you need not come right out and say that the Jews are superior to everyone. Obeying those two rules, accomplishes that goal for them.

 

This is what the Jews believe is owed to them; it is what makes them feel they were Chosen to be superior.