Friday, December 27, 2013

Another Fake Semite Crying Antisemitism

It takes an American Jew with an American name such as Jeffrey, and a Jewish name such as Goldberg to show the world how this breed of fakes fit the bill of someone that has no face looking like that of a Semite, yet makes a good living in America crying antisemitism. He blurts out the cry upon hearing words that come out of a place like Egypt which is one of the oldest homes where the Semitic people took roots, and have lived since the beginning of time.

Jeffrey Goldberg's latest foray into this territory comes in the form of an article he wrote under the title: “Egypt's Jon Stewart conspiracy theory,” published in New York Post on December 25, 2013. In the interest of full disclosure, I must say that I was once fascinated by conspiracy theories, especially the one pertaining to the assassination of John Kennedy. But when the theory of tracking devices being planted in the buttocks of people made its debut, I thought the theories were getting too comical, and dropped them. But now, with the revelations about what the NSA is doing, I wonder if I should reconsider. But that's another subject for another time.

So where does Goldberg stand in this matter? Well, he says this: “the nature of Egyptian conspiracy theories (a subject that has interested me for a long time) is such that they are often not explicable.” Even though I follow the Egyptian media as much as I do the North American, I never sensed that conspiracy theories were big in Egypt. But what I sensed was that the Israeli media and their echo repeaters here in North America make a big deal about small events that occur in Egypt – the kind that escapes me most of the time. So I wanted to know why the Israelis and their cohorts do what they do.

What I discovered was that when the foreign minister of Israel says something about bombing the Aswan dam to flood Egypt like the bible says it happened before, and when some retired general says something about re-occupying the Sinai, someone in Egypt would comment on that – and Kaboom – the Israeli and North American media make a big, big fuss about it. And they basically say this: They talk about us! They talk about us! In fact, these Jews are so hungry for attention, they will do anything to get the Egyptians to say something about them so that the Israeli media and the Goldberg's of this world may write about it and say that the Egyptians are interested in what the Israeli nut cases are saying.

And Jeffrey Goldberg of America never misses the opportunity to stick in there his own Jewish shtick concerning his obsession with antisemitism. I could not find exactly where and when Zbigniew Brzezinski was dragged into this thing in connection with the Jon Stewart reference, but what I know about the Egyptian debates in general is that the debaters do not appreciate the American habit of trivializing everything; including some very solemn events. They see stand-up comedians make jokes about these events and about thoughts that were expressed by serious writers, and they don't like it. Thus, I must assume that the reference to something Brzezinski wrote must have come in that context.

I don't know much about the Amr Ammar that Goldberg is talking about, but if he was quoting the two comedians, Jon Stewart and Bassem Youssef, I must take it that the allegation he (Ammar) made – whatever it was – was no more than a joke intended to make people laugh or sneer at the American way of expressing things. For Jeffrey Goldberg to take it seriously is his business. For him to tie it to antisemitism is to make of antisemitism a laughable thing – what it was in the old days. He'll get paid for that, but I hope no one will laugh.